Learn to build and manage containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift cluster
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) helps you build core knowledge in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. These skills are needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2.
Course content summary
- Understand container and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Audience for this course
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
Prerequisites for this course
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA® is recommended, but not required
- Skills assessment: Use the skills assessment tool to discover what training opportunities you may benefit from.